A brand new video - presenting the powerful Mission Editor feature is ready for immediate analysis!
Create a dynamic mission across two tutorials of growing complexity. Unlock the massive potential of Arma 2 by learning how to confidently use the editor: from the basic tools at your disposal to more advanced editing and scripting techniques. The sophisticated Mission Editor offers an intuitive, unobtrusive interface, enabling you to create completely customisable missions, scenarios - even campaigns - very quickly, and in only a few simple steps.Click here to download sample script files for Arma 2 Mission Editor Tutorial movie
About the Editor
The Editor is a mainstay of the Arma franchise. It is a powerful utility, available in-game from the Main Menu. It provides a sandbox in which to preview all of the assets available in Arma 2, Arma 2's associated games, and a whole host of freely downloadable community-created content on top. It offers an intuitive, unobtrusive interface, enabling you to create completely customisable missions, scenarios - even campaigns - very quickly, and in only a few simple steps.
- Control the placement of units, triggers, waypoints and much more.
- Immediately export your own unique custom missions, or make changes to one of the numerous templates to use and share with your friends.
- Use the powerful scripting language to create interesting and advanced content.
- Use advanced Modules to instantly add a broad range of pre-configured and procedural content to your scenarios, such as environmental effects, ambient life, and much more.
- Create epic battles involving up to thousands of AI units and vehicles - limited only by your imagination and your hardware specification.
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is available now! Learn more about Arma 2: Combined Operations - a unique collection of the original Arma 2 and the massive standalone expansion pack, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.