- Arma 2: Private Military Company features a variety of weapons out of the modern arsenal. All weapons and their features were created according to the specifications of their real-life counterparts.
- Accurate models including grzaphics, sounds and animations.
- Variants with different scopes and accessories, including collimator sights, optical sights, grenade launchers or silencers.
- Optics have realistic zoom and field-of-view settings and reticles.
- FLIR thermal imagining mode, zeroing and alternate ironsights options
- Animated parts for shooting and reloading (triggers, receivers, ammo belts) and eject brass.
- Customized character animations for holding weapons based on inverse kinematics.
- Simulation of bullet ballistics, including material penetration and bullet deflection.
- Ammunition power and magazine compatibility according to the real life.
- Impact effects and sounds for various materials in the environment.
- Tracer rounds are used in a realistic way.
The PDW was one of the first weapons to use a telescopical bolt design which allows for the magazine to be housed in the pistol grip, making the weapon a lot shorter. PDW is the most widespread submachine gun ever in military and police units.
The Auto Assault-12 is a shotgun capable of a fully automatic firing mode at 300 rounds per minute, making it an incredibly deadly weapon system in close quarters environments. It can load a range of different cartridges, from pellets to slugs and even High Explosive fragmentation shells.
ION Inc. security contractor Dixon coined the nickname "Matilda" for his favorite weapon.
The M16 assault rifle entered service in 1965 at the onset of the Vietnam War. It answered the Army's need to replace the ill-suited M14 with a lightweight rifle capable of effective automatic fire. The M16 uses a small, high velocity round with low recoil and good armor penetration, effective to about 500m.
The M4A1 Carbine is a shortened version of M16. It sports a shortened barrel and collapsible stock, making it the Special Operations weapon of choice. In contrast to the M16A2, with its 3-round burst mode, the M4A1 is capable of fully automatic fire. Thanks to the SOPMOD program the M4A1 can be modified with a variety of special accessories including optics such as the M68 Aimpoint and ACOG, an easily detachable suppressor, the M203 under barrel grenade launcher, and many others.
The XM8 was the US Army project name for new lightweight assault rifle system. US Army hoped to create new standard and highly modifiable infantry rifle but in 2005, the project was formally cancelled. ~7500 prototypes of this weapon still exist, now held by the US Army. The weapon was designed to use 5.56x45mm NATO cartridges and is able to fire up to 750 rounds per minute.
- Variants: XM8, XM8 M320, XM8 Compact, XM8 Marksman, XM8 SAW
The AS50 is a .50 BMG sniper/anti-materiel rifle. It enables operators to engage targets at very long (up to 1500 m) range with high accuracy. The rifle is easily transportable and ergonomic and can be disassembled in less than three minutes and serviced without tools.
The M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System (or M110 SASS) is a semiautomatic sniper rifle used by the US Army. Semi-automatic fire mode and use of standard assault rifle magazines makes it perfect weapon for the infantry marksmen.
The M60E4 is the modern reincarnation of the older US general-purpose machinegun. The latest generation of the M60 production line features number of improvements compared to its Vietnam War predecessors: improved reliability, large configuration options or a different forward grip.
- ARMA 2 content
- ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead content
- ARMA 2 British Armed Forces content
- ARMA 2 Private Military Company content