- Arma 2: Private Military Company offers the most modern ground and air vehicles; all of them created with the strict attention to detail. Every vehicle in the game can be controlled by both players and AI alike and provides features authentic to each vehicle.
- A unique simulation of various types of vehicles.
- Various in-vehicle roles: commander, driver, gunner, assistant gunner.
- Accurate weaponry, including optics, tracer rounds and effects.
- FLIR thermal imagining mode and smoke, flares and zeroing options
- Speed differs according to type of surface.
- Vehicles differ in many aspects according to their real-life specifications (e.g. speed, sturdiness, fuel capacity).
- Dust effects when driving over certain surfaces, rotor downwash effects for helicopters and VTOL aircraft.
- Destructible wheels and limited partial destruction.
- Destroyed vehicles turn into wrecks, explode appropriately according to the amount of fuel and ammunition they contain.
- Burning and secondary explosions of wrecks.
- Some vehicles feature simple defensive countermeasures.
- Virtual Heads-Up Display in several aircraft.
An SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle) is a generic marketing term for a vehicle similar to a station wagon, but built on a light-truck chassis. These particular SUVs are up-armored to protect the security operators inside from small-arms fire. This model has been outfitted with a M134 7.62mm Minigun, which can be retracted back into the vehicle.
"Black Betty" is a nickname often used for this vehicle by ION Inc. contractors.
The Ka-60 "Kasatka" is a transport and utility helicopter primarily developed for the Russian Air Force. It had its maiden flight on December 24th 1998. The helicopter was intended to replace the Mi-8 and can be used for reconnaissance, transporting a full squad with combat gear and special operations amongst uses.
Specific improvements over its counterparts are performance, reliability and better aerodynamic configuration of the airframe. Critical parts have been tested to survive piercing by 7.62mm and 12.7mm munitions. The main rotor blades can even withstand 23mm projectile hits.
Being an unmanned multipurpose helicopter, this aircraft can be used for many unique roles, such as recoinnaissance, surveillance and data transmission. A piston engine drives a coaxial rotor-system and the spherical fuselage lacks a feature often seen on helicopters: a tail.
Upon customer request, the special engine compartment can be outfitted with special imaging cameras, signal repeaters and more equipment up to a total weight of 80 kilogrammes. The Ka-137 can be controlled by pre-programmed flight programmes, by manual control from the ground or a combination of the two.
A SUV (sport utility vehicle) is a generic marketing term for a vehicle similar to a station wagon, but built on a light-truck chassis. In this case, this SUV is, in fact, a limousine.
- ARMA 2 content
- ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead content
- ARMA 2 British Armed Forces content
- ARMA 2 Private Military Company content