- Vehicles in Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead come in unsurpassed numbers and variety: civilian cars and boats, military cars and trucks, wheeled and tracked armored personnel carriers, tanks or aircraft; all of them created with strict attention to detail. Every vehicle in the game can be controlled by both players and AI alike and provides features authentic to each vehicle.
- A unique simulation of various types of vehicles.
- Various in-vehicle roles: commander, driver, gunner, assistant gunner.
- Accurate weaponry, including optics, tracer rounds and effects.
- New FLIR thermal imagining mode and smoke, flare and zerooing options
- Speed differs according to type of surface.
- Vehicles differ in many aspects according to their real-life specifications (e.g. speed, sturdiness, fuel capacity).
- Dust effects when driving over certain surfaces, rotor downwash effects for helicopters and VTOL aircraft.
- Destructible wheels and limited partial destruction.
- Destroyed vehicles turn into wrecks, explode appropriately according to the amount of fuel and ammunition they contain.
- Burning and secondary explosions of wrecks.
- Some vehicles feature simple defensive countermeasures.
- Virtual Heads-Up Display in several aircraft.
Tracked vehicles are armed with powerful long-range cannons, machineguns and guided rockets. They provide tactical superiority in ground combat and are perfect for penetrating enemy defenses. ARMA 2 features main battle tanks and APCs from the Cold-War era through to the most recent, modern designs.
No military simulator is complete without a hangar full of planes for the gamer to fly around in! Most fixed-wing aircraft in the game are state-of-the art jet fighters or attack planes, armed with cannons, laser-guided bombs, iron bombs, unguided rockets and guided missiles. Some planes are capable of Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL).
Takistan has about to none railways, thus most of its people use cars to travel or in business. The Takistani roads are mostly in a very bad shape due to the harsh natural conditions, and so are most of the local vehicles. The only expceptions are the cars belonging to the government and military officials.